Walworth is a town of about 9,500 people in Wayne County. It is about 34 square miles. It is located on the west side of Wayne County.
The town was officially established in 1829 and was the last town in Wayne County to be formed. Its name came from the the General Chancellor Reuben H. Walworth, the last chancellor of New York.
Walworth has generally been a farming community. Fruit farming was extensive which lead to many orchards. However in 1934, there was a freeze that killed many of the towns orchards. Now, most farms are general purpose farms.